Switch to: EN
The southeast region in Brazil is the area with the highest concentration of flights in the country’s executive aviation. According to data collected in 2018, up to 88% of the flights made in general aviation happened at a distance of 621 miles (1000 km) of São Paulo. Among the 10 most quoted destinations in Flapper, 8 are in the mentioned distance of São Paulo, which occupies the second position on our list (behind the first place, Rio de Janeiro).
This bustling city has 30 aircraft models available for charter, divided into the following categories: turboprop, heavy jets, light jets and mid-sized jets. In addition, there are 13 models of helicopters in the categories: single-engine and twin-engine.
Charters in São Paulo: Aircraft Turboprop
Aircraft classified as turboprop receive this nomenclature because of the engine model they are equipped with, which can be single-engine or twin-engine. They are agile, comfortable and safe planes, ideal for operations on unpaved tracks or short slopes. This feature makes this model highly used for transfers to small airports, such as coastal cities and country towns. For example, the São Paulo-Angra dos Reis Flapper’s shared flight happens with the Grand Caravan 208 single-engine turboprop.
The twin-engine turboprop aircrafts available for charter in São Paulo:
- King Air B200 GT (8 passengers)
- King Air B200 (7 + 2 passengers)
- King Air C90B (6 passengers)
- King Air 200 (8 passengers)
- King Air 250 (6 + 1 passengers)
- Bandeirante Embraer 110 P1 (19 passengers)
- Bandeirante Embraer 110 C (15 passengers)
- Bandeirante Embraer P1 (17 passengers)
The single-engine aircraft turboprop available for charter in São Paulo:
- Grand Caravan 208B (9 passengers)
- Grand Caravan 208 (9 passengers)
- Grand Caravan EX (9 passengers)
- Pilatus PC-12 (8 passengers)
If you would like to know more about turboprop airplanes and their differences between single and twin engines, check out the post in our blog on Pilatus PC-12 vs. King Air B250: Which one is a better fit to your mission?
Charters in São Paulo: Heavy Jets
Aircraft classified as heavy jets are extremely luxurious, ideal for long journeys such as international trips. Equipped with large cabins, ample luggage racks, sometimes with dormitories, entertainment booths and full board service, these models offer maximum comfort to their passengers.
Heavy jets available for charter in São Paulo:
- Legacy 600 (12 + 1 passengers)
- Legacy 650 (13 + 1 passengers)
- Gulfstream G450 (14 passengers)
- Gulfstream G550 (16 passengers)
- Falcon 2000EX (9 passengers)
Light Jets and Mid-Sized Jets
Light jets are commonly used in business travel. The short air-bridge, with a maximum of 2 to 3 hours of duration, makes this model ideal due to its comfort and efficiency. The models in this category are not equipped with large cabins, such as heavy jets, still they have ample spaces that guarantee a comfortable trip to their passengers.
The mid-sized jets are the balance between comfort and efficiency. Larger than light jets, but smaller than heavy jets, these types allow their passengers to find ideal alternatives to go on longer journeys by a reasonable price and maximum comfort.
The light jets models available for charter in São Paulo:
- Phenom 100 (4 passengers)
- Honda Jet (5 passengers)
- Phenom 300 (from 6 to 8 passengers)
- Learjet 40 (7 passengers)
- Learjet 31A (8 passengers)
- Learjet 35A (8 passengers)
- Citation CJ1 (5 + 1 passengers)
- Citation CJ2 (6 passengers)
- Citation Excel (9 passengers)
- Citation CJ3 (7 + 1 passengers)
- Premier IA (6 passengers)
The Mid-sized jets available for charter in São Paulo:
- Hawker 800 (8 passengers)
- Cessna Sovereign (9 passengers)
Charters in São Paulo: Helicopters
São Paulo is the city with the largest fleet of helicopters (approximately 500) and the largest heliports infrastructure in the world. There are more than 200 helipoints throughout the city, with more than 20 being used daily for urban locomotion, an alternative to the chaotic transit.
One of the most quoted urban transport by Flapper is the transfer from Guarulhos Airport to the center of São Paulo, for example to the heliport Faria Lima. For locomotion in the city, Flapper relies on the partner fleet of 13 helicopters, subdivided into single-engine and twin-engine.
The single-engine helicopter are the options that better balance cost with efficiency. These models have a capacity of 3 to 6 passengers, with reduced space in the luggage compartment. They are commonly used for transfers inside the city, as well as leisure tours, such as scenic flights.
Single-engine helicopters available for charter in São Paulo:
- Robinson R44 (3 passengers)
- Jet Ranger 206B (4 passengers)
- Squirrel B2 (5 passengers)
- Squirrel B3 (5 passengers)
The twin-engine helicopters are the alternatives that guarantee more safety with the highest speed. These models can have from 6 to 12 passengers, with ample spaces for luggage. They are the most quoted models for trips out of town, connecting to other destinations.
Twin-engine helicopters available for charter in São Paulo:
- Eurocopter EC135 P2 + (5 passengers)
- Eurocopter EC145 T2 (8 + 1 passengers)
- Eurocopter EC155 B1 (9 passengers)
- Dauphin AS 365 N2 (8 passengers)
- Agusta A109E Power (6 passengers)
- Agusta A109S (6 passengers)
- Agusta A109SP (6 passengers)
- Agusta AW139 (10 passengers)
- Bell 429 (6 passengers)
Flapper is Brazil’s first executive boutique airline and regional chartered flight leader. Our fleet of partners has 212 aircraft in Brazil and more than 4000 overseas. We are known for our passion for excellence and technological innovation. It’s our pleasure to serve you.